Setting Static IP For Star Thermal & Impact
* Accessing the printer through telnet will require a computer. If you are using a PC computer you will need to enable Telnet.
Your goal here is to:
- Set the IP address to match the network set by your Gateway (Router) Ex. Brigade Router = 192.168.2.1 The printer should have an IP address of 192.168.2.xxx. Usually I set them at 200, 201, 203 etc.
- You need to make sure the Gateway (Brigade Router) is set to 192.168.2.1
- Your SubnetMask should always be 255.255.255.0.
- Your DHCP and APIPA are not relevant here so leave them as they are.
- Open a command prompt (Terminal in Mac OS, and Command Prompt in Windows) and type in telnet <ipaddress> (substitute <ipaddress> with the actual IP address that you retrieved from the print test):
- Select option 1, IP Parameters Configuration (type 1 and then press enter).
- From the IP Parameters Configuration menu, select option 1, Static.
- Enter the static IP address that you would like to use. NOTE: DON'T USE THIS IP ADDRESS. THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE. Make sure to set your Default Gateway to the Brigade Router IP or Your Internal Router if not using Brigade's Network. The Subnet Mask should be 255.255.255.0 as a default for most networks. If the printer is plugged into the Brigade Router it will automatically set your Default Gateway and your Subnet Mask correctly.
- Select option 99 to navigate back through the menu system until you reach the main menu, and then select option 98 to Save and Restart the device.
- From the Save and Restart menu, select option 2, Save & Restart.